Burmar Fabrications are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement applies to the www.burmarfabrications.co.uk website (“Website”) and sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from you or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using the Website, you are accepting and consenting to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
We may collect personal information from you, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. We may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your postal code.
We may automatically collect information about:
• Your computer hardware and software, such as: your IP address, browser type and version, operating system and platform, time zone setting and referring website addresses.
• Your visit, such as: the URL clickstream to and from our website, page response times, download errors, visits to pages and products, page interaction information and any forms completed.
Use of your Personal Information
We use personal information which you give us to:
• Provide you with information of our products and services.
• Contact you via any surveys to conduct research about our current services or new services that we may offer.
• Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
We use personal information which we automatically collect from you to:
• Administer the Website for internal purposes including troubleshooting, data analysis and testing.
• Improve our Website and ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
• Allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website and our services when you chose to do so.
• Keep our Website safe and secure.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We do not sell, rent or lease any personal information we hold to third parties. We may share your information:
• With business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we have entered into with you.
• With analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
• To a prospective buyer or seller, where necessary, in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
• If we are under a duty to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or protect our rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Burmar Fabrications, our customers or others.
Please note that if you directly disclose personal information through our public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others and we will not be liable for this.
Security of your Personal Information
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement. All information that you provide to is store on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not 100% secure. Whilst we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website – it is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to protect it.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information that we hold about you. Any access may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with the details of the information we hold about you. Please make your request in writing to:
Napoleon Business Park
Changes to this Statement
Any changes to this Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page. Please check periodically to see any updates or changes and to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
Cookies are small text files – containing letters and numbers – which are downloaded by your computer when you access and use certain websites. Cookies allow our Website to recognise a device and provide content accordingly. We recommend that you accept all cookies from our Website (detailed below), as they have been designed to enhance the service that this Website provides you.
If you choose to disable any of these cookies, then you may impair the functionality of the Website and you may not experience all its features in the way it was designed to be enjoyed. To disable cookies, we suggest that you set your browser to disable cookies. This option usually appears under “Tools” or “Settings” in a section called “Privacy” and is intuitive. Browsers implement this feature differently, so please refer to your browser help section for detailed information. Or, search the internet for “Disabling cookies with X browser” where X is your browser name.
Google Analytics cookies used on this site
Google Analytics is a free service provided by Google that uses several cookies. The cookies set by Google Analytics are used to help us gather information about how this website is used by visitors. The information is not personally identifiable, and is simply to used track and improve the level of service our Website is providing. More information on the cookies that are set through our use of Google Analytics can be found on Google’s Cookies & Google Analytics page. If you wish to disable these cookies, please use the opt-out browser add-on supplied by Google. Or you can set your browser to reject all or certain cookies. Disabling cookies set by Google Analytics will not reduce the service provided to you.
Session and load balancer cookies used on this site
Our Website may use a ‘load balancer’ to store an identifier on your browser to help keep you connected to the same web server throughout your visit (for a smoother browsing experience). Similarly, session cookies contain no personally identifiable information, but enable our individual web servers to keep track of your progress throughout your visit. They expire as soon as you leave our Website.